And another trend I am looking to try – netted beret:
The source can be found here
I have spotted it a while ago but never got around to trying, so tomorrow after work I will stop by a fabric store and see if I can find some suitable netting.
At the beginning of each year I usually establish a list of goals I am to accomplish in the current year. This year my goals are more diverse then last year, without a doubt.
- To purchase a digital SLR camera
- To take a photography class to learn to use my new camera
- To give birth to my beautiful child
- To review the grammar from French II course I took last year – to improve my overall French
- To purchase, install, and start using the elliptical workout machine
- To loose post baby weight and go back to my regular size
- To make a carrier change that will enable me to be a more hands-on mother
- To learn and to master baking cannoli and eclairs
Today’s dinner – broccoli and spinach risotto was a success. Easy to make, savory and nutricious.
1 1/2 cup of sushi rice
2 1/2 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of white wine
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of spinach
1 small onion or scallions
1/4 cup of parmezan grated cheese
3 tbsp of butter
- Sauté broccoli and spinach in some white wine
- When wine is absorbed, add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and let it simmer until soft
- In a separate pan dissolve 3 tbsp of butter and sauté scallions until slightly clear
- add rice and stir until coated and keep stirring until rice has slightly nutty smell
- Then add 1/2 cup of white wine and let it absorb completely while continuing to stir
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock while stirring constantly until absorbed
- Keep adding chicken stock in increments of 1/2 cup and stirring untillall the stock is gone. The whole process should take about 25-30 minutes until the rice absorbs it all and reaches creamy texture. If all the stock is gone and rice is not ready, add some boiled water
- Add broccoli/spinach mixture to the rice and keep stirring, letting all the liquid get absorbed completely
- Add parmezan cheese
- Serve immediately
Today was an absolutely beautiful day and we all went out to eat with some friends. We went to the city to one of our favorites – Burmese restaurant.
I am finally in my third trimester, and here I am, barely able to button up my coat. On and off having trouble breathing and barely sleeping, but no less excited about the newest addition to the family – my beautiful baby #2:)
It has gotten slightly warmer outside, but next week we are expecting snow again. I can’t even begin to describe how much I am looking forward to spring and some warm sun rays!
On a different note – our new infant car seat from Orbit Baby arrived yesterday and I am getting familiar with it. the first time I picked it up I was quite disappointed on how heavy it was, untill my husband pointed out to me that the base is still attached to it:)
So slowly but steadily we are getting ready for our baby’s arrival, from his first outfits and blankets to car seat and crib. We are yet to pick out a suitable crib and a changing table, but everything else is ready.